GuitarPCB.com

Guitar Pedal Projects. Top 5 in DIY With Forum Support!

Forums

Forum Home > Layout Gallery - GuitarPCB Build Documents, Mods and Tips > DSOTM Fuzz - aka Luna

Barry
Site Owner

This is no doubt one of the best Fuzz Face style circuits I have heard.

A must have circuit for any Pre-"Wish You Were Here" era David Fan!!!

Easy build to get to sound great and its not fussy about transistor gain.

You can go from Early Gilmourish DSOTM era to some wild Hendrix Sustain with a twist of the Guitar Volume!

Brilliant and very usable dual tone controls. Trimmer is for more or less Gain.

On-Board 3PDT wiring!

Luna Fuzz Demo Les Paul

Luna Fuzz Demo Strat

DSOTM Build Documents

Build Documents Updated 02/28/14 - (See Note Page 1)

Check the Forum for answers to many questions before posting a troubleshoot thread.

Do not miss the Easy Pedal Wiring Guide.

Namely the expansive Tips, Tricks and Tutorials section and the consolidated Crash Course Guide.

BoardDimensions (W x H): 1.78” x 1.58” i.e.:  45.2x 40.1mm

Our unique boards are for comparison and education only and are not intended to be represented as clones or copies.

All original copyrights, trademarks, and artworks remain the property of their owners.

The DSOTM Fuzz can be purchased in the PCB Shop.

Here is an excellent finished build thread:

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/forums/topics/show/12171274

An update Mod by Tubenit for this pedal:

"I originally stated I changed the 100ka volume pot to 25ka which is correct.  However, I did not put a 22k resistor between the pot and ground that was in correct.  The 22k resistor connects to the side terminal that is NOT grounded.

Secondly, I am used to tube amps that are remarkably smooth in the overdrive tone.  So while, the DSOTM fuzz was smooth ................. it was not as smooth as I would want. 

I added a .002 cap to ground to the non-grounded side terminal of the bright cap. It is between the bright cap and the .015 cap.  I tried values from 82p all the way to .0047 and the .002 smoothed things the best for me with NO discernible high end tone.  The higher end tone just sounds smoother with less "hash/grit" in it to my ears.

I am not saying this is better than the original design, it just suits my personal preference."

With respect, Tubenit

November 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.